Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Harp sister

Anne Sullivan our harpist in Philadelphia. As I always do, I asked her if she knew Mary Jane D'Arville of the Virginia Harp Center.

She sure does. Anne grew up in Havertown, right next to Lower Merion where Mary Jane and I lived and went to school. Beyond that, they went to harp camp in Maine together and became like sisters. "Tell Mary Jane I have another lobster story."

I remembered seeing Ellen de Pasquale (of the famous Philadelphia de Pasquales) playing with the Cleveland Orchestra. Charlie de Pasquale was in my class at Lower Merion and I asked Anne if she knew Ellen and whether she had gone to Lower Merion. "I know Ellen," said Anne. "I taught her at Curtis."

Anne is a killer harpist. (Or as they say in Boston, kill-ah.)
Posted by Hello

1 Comments:

At 11:19 AM, Blogger Scott said...

- yeah, but is she a BITCH!?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home