Friday, February 18, 2005

Reunion


Today I drove to Davenport to see Rosanne(my old friend from Peace Corps) and Van. First I went to their house and Van showed me around. Then we had lunch with Rosanne at Centro, a lovely Italian place. Then Van drove me around town and showed me the houses they almost bought.

Van is from a small town near Green Bay, and he told me some great stories about Packer fans. The stadium seats about 75,000, and they do not sell single tickets -- only season tickets. Every one is sold, and the waiting list is, by most estimations, approximately 50 years. People have been known to keep a dead relative's checking account open and sign his name to checks to hold on to a season ticket. Also, people put the names of not-yet-born descendants on the waiting list in the hopes that during their lifetime they will get to the top of the list. Posted by Hello

1 Comments:

At 7:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was great to see you, Mark! Thanks for making the long trek to Davenport. Van and Rosanne

 

Post a Comment

<< Home